Despite not having concrete measurements to officially start builing elements of the Fort, I decided to go ahead and see if I could solve the (inevitable) issues of creating this monument before we get started.
This has led me through quite a process! I build things, hate them and build again. I’ve had a similar experience with the process of creating patterns.
I’ve been playing around for a while, trying to get a grip on the insane number of patterns that adorn almost every surface of every building inside this Fort. Even trying to create a single interior roof calls for upto 7 sets of patterns and trim variants!
And this doesn’t even include the frescos!
Still, every journey begins with a first step, and now I’m starting to build some momentum here. Having gotten the hang of working in Blender and starting to crack the code on how to build Mughal-esque architecture, I’m starting to see some patterns turn out.
Keeping it simple to begin with, I started with borders… because then I didn’t have to calculate designs in four directions.
Now, I’m starting to make things more complicated:
I was also able to create a singular replica of a little section of floor tile in the building I was creating.
I’ve updated this post twice already, and I will stop here. However, it does occur to me that I need to really start organizing all of my assets, or I will lose these base designs and have to recreate them going forward!